Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Fellow Student's Opinion

I have interviewed a student, and great friend of mine I must add, who has the view of technology being great for society. Dalvin believes that technology is "a great thing for college students because if I didn't have it, I would be extremely bored here in Yuma.” Dalvin uses technology on a daily basis with his cell phone, his iPod and his Ps3. He is quite fond of his Ps3 and says that he spends at least 3 hours a day playing NBA 2K13 which is his favorite game because he himself is a basketball player here at AWC. He says that he sends text messages throughout the day and also makes phone calls regularly to contact college coaches and his friends and family. He also stated that “without technology I would be lost, I would probably curl up into a ball and wither away into oblivion.” All sarcasm aside it seems that he is quite engulfed in his many uses of technology and that without his devices he would most likely suffer from extreme boredom and possibly develop some withdrawal symptoms. This being said, Dalvin also said “Now that I think about it, technology could be a little harmful if it is abused.” As I understand Dalvin believes that technology is good to a certain extent and he may be struggling with some attachment issues that make him worry about his potential world without technology. Overall Dalvin has a positive outlook though especially for entertainment purposes on the use of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment